There was 149 million hours of downtime in 2020 across the UK where a business lost their internet connectivity affecting their workforce. Businesses with less than 10 staff, on average, have two outages per year and over 10 staff have 3 outages per year.
Your office internet stops working, how does it effect your business?
Many companies are moving their services to the cloud because it is cheaper and it is more accessible from different locations.
With the move to the cloud, the need for more resilient internet access to offices and branch offices is ever so important.
When the internet stops working do you:
- Send staff home? Can they work from home?
- Do you close your office?
- How many hours working are lost?
- Can you still speak to your cusomers?
- Are members of staff able to still answer emails?
How do we stop your Internet Access failing and keep your business connected?
Providing resilient internet access to our customers is much simpler than you think.
By adding in additional multiple internet connections or different forms of internet access we can create a backup to the main internet connection reducing the change of the office losing connectivity.
We can provide:
- Offices with more than one broadband service each being from a different network carrier reducing one single point of failure.
- Fibre Ethernet Leased Lines with Broadband backup. Fibre is installed via one route and the broadband via another improving resilience. multiple
How does 4G or 5G backup help?
The main benefit of 4G or 5G is that it is not dependant on any wiring. In some locations, if an offices primary internet connection or backup internet connection is affected by wires being accidently cut then the offices will still lose connection to the internet.
By using a router like the Draytek 2620LN, we are able to terminate a Fibre Lease Line or Fibre Broadband connection and also include a unlimited data SIM card installed in the SIM Card slot providing 4G backup.
Once the Draytek detects the primary link is not operational, the 4G access begins. This process takes approximately 10 seconds.
Advantages of 4G Backup:
- 4G uses the mobile data networks so can be deployed almost anywhere.
- 4G unlimited rental is only £20 per month
- Using the mobile networks means it is not reliant on third party cabling to the office like traditional phone lines
- All our SIMs are 5G enabled
- Unlimited data usage for even the heaviest of users
- The Draytek 2620LN has two SIM card slots for two different mobile networks for further resilience
- 4G can be used a third leg of resilience rather and backup a secondary Fibre line backup service
For further information on 4G or 5G being used as a backup to your office, please get in touch on 0161 260 0196 or use our contact form.