Enabling staff to work from home
With the rise of Covid-19 and the need for staff to be working from home or remote locations, the need to provide such solutions is ever so present. Remote access into a network is nothing new, but it is and will become a new way of working for the future.
With the advancement of mobile phones and also the increased growth of bandwidth now available to consumer homes, it has become much more easier to provide business services to these home or remote environments.
If you have employees who are out on the road or now need to work from home, we can provide these internet access and telephony solutions to replicate the environment in the office to the home.
Common questions from business owners
There are different ways to provide a remote worker solution and that depends on the type of data the remote
worker needs to access. The most common questions we get asked about staff working from home are:
- Can our staff make calls from home and our main company phone number still be represented when they dial a customer? – Yes
- Can a staff member still transfer calls to other staff members even if they are all working remotely – Yes
- Are we able to monitor and mange and have visibility of our company calls centrally? – Yes
- Can we view in real-time, which staff members are available to receive a call and who is on the phone – Yes
- Can we send our staff members instant messages through the phone system? – Yes
Home internet connectivity - 30 day contracts on Fibre Broadband
If your member of staff requires to VPN or use remote desktop services, it might be ideal to install a second broadband line in their home so it is separate from their personal home broadband service.
We can provide customers with monthly 30 day contracts on our Fibre Broadband services that means we can provide a short term resolution to a problem.
How do staff members make and receive business calls at when working at home?
As an extension of our hosted voice service, we can provide home workers with several options to enable them to work from home or remotely:
- Representing the company phone number or direct dial on any outbound call keeps the company image in place whilst staff might be displaced at different locations.
- Staff members can take their existing physical VOIP handset home and connect it to their existing broadband connection. It will work just like they are in the office.
- Use a soft phone which can be installed on a laptop, tablet or mobile phone. The use of a headset via Bluetooth can make it easier to make calls.
- We can provide homes users with a mobile phone application called Unity Mobile which can be installed on IOS (Apple) or Android handsets. It will replicate everything the physical phone can do in the office.
- We can provide home users and office based users with Unity Desktop which is a PC / Apple based program which gives you visibility of your staff members. It allows you to view users online, send instant messages, make calls and transfer calls.
Unity Mobile App - Your office handset replicated on your mobile phone via an App
Unity Mobile is a mobile phone application that gives you the power to use your business telephony solution on the move. It is ideal for home or remote workers that are permanently moving between different locations. Unity Mobile allows you to:
- Make calls and represent your business phone number rather than your mobile number.
- All calls made are part of our free minute bundles.
- Allows you to send instant messages to your team or staff members.
- Transfer calls to different departments or other members of your company.
- Pick up and listen to voicemails.
Unity Desktop - Full visibility of your remote workers calls and availability
Unity Desktop is a great product that allows users and business owners to visually see which members of staff are on the phone and making calls. It is installed onto a users laptop or desktop and can work in conjunction with your physical VOIP handset or Unity Mobile service.
Unity Desktop allows you to:
- View who is on the phone in your organisation.
- Transfer calls to staff members wherever they are through drop and drag.
- Send instant messages to other members of staff.
- View real-time calls and who your staff are talking too.
- View usage and statistical information on calls being made.