What is Fibre Ethernet?
Fibre Ethernet is an internet access technology using a private dedicated fibre optical connection from your business premises direct to the internet. Also commonly knows as an Internet Leased Line, it is the fastest, most secure and most reliable form of internet access technology for any business.
It is seen as the Rolls Royce of internet connectivity and has no comparison in terms of alternative technology to deliver Internet Access. Traditionally it was only affordable by large corporate organisations but over the past few years it has now become more affordable for small and medium sized businesses.
Unlike other internet access technologies it is a synchronous service. Broadband, Fibre Broadband and even Fibre to the Premises services have a higher download speed that than upload speeds. Fibre Ethernet delivers synchronous speeds. If you require 100mb, 200mb or even 1000mb, you receive the same up and down speeds.
What speeds are available with Ethernet?
Ethernet is available from 10mb to 10Gb speeds synchronous speeds.
Commonly we will install a 1Gb Ethernet service and provide increments on 100mb bandwidth depending on your requirements.
How will it help my business?
Switching to a Fibre Ethernet service makes a substantial difference to internet speeds, reliability and available bandwidth more than most businesses have probably ever experienced before.
- Clean Bandwidth – By providing greater speeds and cleaner bandwidth means that bottlenecks or network congestion experienced in the past can now be alleviated.
- Reliability – Massively improved reliability over inferior Fibre Broadband services means you can rely more greatly on cloud services you may want to provide to your employees and customers.
- Fix Times – Tied to the reliability of Ethernet, when there is a fault with the service, it is fixed within 4 hours giving businesses the piece of mind they can continue to operate.
- VOIP – Greater performance and cleaner bandwidth is much better for Voice over IP phone systems and SIP.
- Flexible – Much more scalable for future growth. By installing a 1GB Fibre Ethernet service you can choose what bandwidth you require starting at 100mb. If you require more bandwidth, it only takes 5 working days to improve the speed.
- Scalable – An ethernet service can cater for a business is 1 employee all the way to 1,000 employees.
- Secure – Since an Ethernet service is a private dedicated internet access service, it is inherently more secure.
What types of Businesses use Fibre Ethernet?
Ethernet can be used by any type of organisation in the UK. It isn’t specific to a certain type of industry or business. Use of Fibre Ethernet simply comes down to affordability and the need for reliable internet access.
Obviously large businesses with a high number of employees require a service that is more stable than a Fibre Broadband service but smaller businesses that are now operating online by using more cloud services require a dedicated service.
We provide Ethernet Leased Lines to:
- Public Services
- Financial Services
- Call Centres
What is the difference between Fibre Ethernet & Fibre Broadband?
Fibre Ethernet is the best and most advanced internet access technology available across the world. It is a premium service and comes with a 4 hour service level agreement if there is any faults. It has an uptime of 99.95% and when provided with Fibre Broadband or ADSL Broadband as an automatic backup, it carries a reliability up time of 99.9%.
- There is not a strict service level agreement with broadband unlike the guaranteed service level agreement with Fibre Ethernet.
- Broadband speeds can fluctuate depending on network contention (congestion) in the local BT exchange and many other factors. This does not happen with Ethernet, you get what you pay for 24/7.
- Your broadband provider might further contend your speed even after contention that can happen in the exchange. This does not occur with Fibre Ethernet as it is a guaranteed service.
- Broadband is an up-to speed. It is completely dependant on your distance from the local BT Exchange. Ethernet speed is not dependant on distance. If you require 100mb or 1GB speeds you can get it provided almost anywhere.
- Broadband is an asynchronous service, your download speed is faster than your upload speed. Ethernet is synchronous meaning that your download and upload speeds are the same both ways.
- When your Broadband or Fibre Broadband service has a fault, it is not treated as a priority when compared to Fibre Ethernet. Ethernet has a fixed time of 4 hours, broadband is 8 hours, more commonly 24 hours plus.
- Broadband is a shared network service which makes it less secure and more susceptible to faults unlike Fibre Ethernet.
- Fibre Broadband is much cheaper than Ethernet because its based on share infrastructure. Ethernet is a premium service with dedicated fibre and infrastructure specifically for your service.
- Fibre Ethernet has no fluctuations in speeds, it has a contention ratio of 1:1 and fault fix times (if any) are 4 hours or less. If it is not fixed you begin to receive service credits against your monthly rental which you dont get with broadband.
How much does it cost per month?
Depending on the speed that you decide is right for your business, Fibre Ethernet services start from approximately £175 per month.
Ethernet is generally offered over a 36 month term which results in an installation cost of £0. 12 month contracts come with an installation charge of approximately £2,000 depending on the carrier and location.
How do we add value to Ethernet services?
Ethernet can be provided by many telecoms companies in the UK. We dont just provide you with an Ethernet service, we also:
- Provide ADSL or Fibre Broadband automatic backup – Automatic failover means if there is an outage on your Leased Line, you may not even notice it.
- We can provide 4G automatic backup if ADSL speeds are not good enough and Fibre Broadband isn’t available.
- 24/7 monitoring – We monitor your service and provide you with automatic email notifications when there is a recorded outage.
- We provide your access to our monitoring platform that allows you to view current and past performance plus usage related data.
- We connect to all the UK Wholesale carriers providing best choice for your area.
- We can provide a full engineer onsite installation